Thursday, May 3, 2007

Two Cycles Down

Yesterday was Bryan's third chemo treatment, and everything went smoothly as expected. Its a nerve-wracking experience, anticipating the nausea and fatigue to follow, especially considering how great he's been feeling lately - we've been running every day for a week. But Dr. Dunder and Sharon (the chemo nurse) did a wonderful job (as usual) renewing Bryan's mental strength to confront it. He had some nausea soon after we got home, but once the anti-nausea medication kicked in he felt much better and slept all night. So far his day has consisted of watching a lot of Monk and Curb Your Enthusiasm on the laptop in bed, while snacking on cheerios. Still no tater tots. We're hoping that this cycle will be more predictable now that we've determined which medications work for the side effects, and so far Bryan is doing very well. (The only thing we haven't been able to manage is his continued aversion to liquid soap.)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with adam. I will begin my boycott of liquid soap today. With any luck we can have liquid soap eliminated in the near future.

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing #2, Bry! We're all pulling for you here, and Ben and Leah ask for updates often on how you're doing (they're very interested in your hair loss progress for some reason). Just so you know, the kids must be prescient, because they had chosen not to use ANY soap quite some time ago....they'll be thrilled to hear that they're actually doing something supportive and not just being lazy about washing behind their ears.

They also suggested that you'd REALLY like "Flushed Away" and "Eragon." For what it's worth, I'd stick with Monk.

Keep strong!!

C said...

so glad to hear you are doing much better this round. I look forward to when we can chat using the new camera I bought for my laptop...you just say when! Love you both lots!

Unknown said...

Bryan Michael,
I love you forever and like you for always.
Your ability to share and your will to make this your best race ever is why I believe and hope.
Jen,
You are simply the best, the very best.
This night and in the coming days I wish you much peace and joy,
Mom/Barbara

Wellness said...

Hey Bryan...sorry it's taken me so long to jump on the blogging bandwagon. Thank your dad for setting up blogging for dummies. I'm so glad to hear that your treatment is going well. Wally and I are thinking of you (and Jen too!). Keep up your strength.

Lots of love,

Tracey

Wellness said...

Hi Bry - glad that you are staying strong. You're halfway through now!!

My movie favorites of late (besides soppy chick movies!)have included The Illusionist. You said clever! Check it out.

Hope this blogging for dummies works! Hang in there! Love Aunt Christine